Sunday 17 March 2013

A Spring in my Run

Oh, how sweet it will to be to start seeing glimpses of Spring. So while we wait patiently for that to happen, I've put a spring in my step, or should I say, my run.

I started running over a year ago, but recently took the leap from thread-mill to road.

Initially daunting but now, a mere 4 weeks and one official 1 mile run later, I don't know what I was afraid of! To put it simply, I am hooked!!! I used the app C25K to get me started on the thread-mill and using the same app outdoor. Love it!!


                        trainers, number, first medal ever and my bubble hat that kept my head from freezing



You see, it is on my bucket list. Running a 5k has been on it for a few years now and come June, I hope to check it off! I've even managed to rope in a few seasoned running friends. I keep asking myself why though, since I will either be left eating their dust or slowing them down. But it is Race For Life so it should be a great day out for a fantastic cause.

And talking about my bucket list, playing Mas in Trinidad has been checked off and will surely be repeated come Carnival 2014. I had The Best Time Ever and here are some photos to prove it.

Carnival Tuesday in costume

On a boat party

My younger sister who showed me the best time ever!!! Love her!

 Despite bulging in places I'd prefer not to, I felt great in my skin. And that calls for a certain amount of self-confidence when surrounded by slim, sexy women and men! I didn't feel too out of place.

But saying that, my sister and I have re-dedicated ourselves to working even harder to be healthy and in shape and we have made a pact to loss 52lbs in 52 weeks.

Very do-able I say!!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I love the whole couch 2 5k program, you will so be running that 5k in June!! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhh! Thank you Julie!!! Snowing out this morning but won't be letting that get in my way!!! C25K week 3/run 3 - here I come!!!

      Delete